24.3.11

Digging up the past.

In conjunction with other work, I began looking over my old projects and though it's true that I despise practically all of my old work, there is one or two piece's which I really wouldn't mind going back too and redoing.

"Game Over" was my first attempt at animation, made during my last year of High School I can honestly say it makes me cringe looking back at it, the premise, though relatively cliche, had decent aspects, it was based within a Video Game world where corruption had taken form into an entity named, "Error" and a young computer nerd named Cain was sucked into the Video Game realm where he teamed up with Dynamite Headdy and ultimately overthrew Error, even typing that makes me cringe. In any case, that was about 3 or 4 years ago and I'd honestly like to go back to it, how I currently visualise it means that 2D animation would be extensive and time consuming, that said, I honestly think it would look better in 3D, though that's just it, 3D isn't exactly my strong point so it would require practice... And lots of it.



Currently the redesign is very reminiscent of Dead Space and it's something I'm not particularly happy about, the story has already changed though the premise of digital warfare still remains a driving point and also the character of Cain will most likely change due to the fact that the character's within the Digital Realm are personified Anti-Viral software with human's puppeteering them. Again, the idea is still in the air, it's something I may well develop since I'd love to see the old project reworked and brought back in a more serious light.

This was a very quick draft I did to try and get an idea across for how the helmet may look, what I aim for is the human figure consisting of a Matrix-like coded structure with the "armour" holding it all in place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment