10.2.12

The best way out is always through.

So then, interview... At Sunderland University... Not going to lie... I was pretty terrified. It's a big deal y'know? I'd really like to pursue a third year in education and leave with a bachelor of arts qualification, it's what I set out to do 4 years ago... Jesus Christ... Has it really been 4 years!?

Anyway! The preparation for the interview, such as print out's and wallet's cost me near £60... That's a bit of a dick when you think that really, £43 of that money went towards the print out's... Mind you, I had in total about 20-30 sleeves so my portfolio was anything but bare.

I added a fair bit to the portfolio, it was pretty much filled with screen shots of previous work.
Not going to lie... I cried allot when composing the sheets... I hate the majority of my work, especially 2.5D...

Allot of people liked this, it was my 2011 life draw... Yeah... Life draw...
Anyway, I took a snappy-shot with my camera, brought out the contrast more and stuck it in my portfolio...
The sheet is what... A2? And the image is PACKED with detail so I doubt I'll ever be able to produce a digital image which shows EVERYTHING!

Finally, my showreel, I wasn't particularly pleased with it considering it was produced at 2am on the day of my interview (but it's our little secret). Honestly, I hate the work I had to put into this... And I was even told that I'm far too modest and that I don't sell myself, I just find it hard to be arrogant, I hate arrogance. Sunderland seems all right though to be fair, sure, I'd like to have known more stuff on the tour but I got to ask questions in the interview and that was good enough for me. 

It took me over an hour to get there... And an hour to get back... My MP3 player ran out of batteries and I was sat there, with a stinking bad head ache... And a back, knotted with tension. What's worse, I've found out that the Dr. Carbonate model I made...

Is none existent...

Great...

I was pretty pleased with that model but the truth of the matter is, if I've done it before, I can do it again, and most likely better than before. What I'd like to do is make his design more reminiscent of a Playstation 1 polygon model, much like Crash Bandicoot.



But one thing I have promised myself to do is go ahead with my Cancer idea at some point, preferably next year, I've begun doing my own research, mainly taking inspiration from Batman since the context is similar and I'm sure some purist will knock me down because of that. What I've learnt however, is that no idea is ever truly original, nearly everything that can be done, has been done, it's about taking such a premise that has been done and put a spin on it and that's what I'm aiming for.

No comments:

Post a Comment