7.5.12

I don't wanna need you because I can't have you.

With only a few days left I feel like I should be panicking, that I should be tearing my hair out in a blind fury... What's left of it at least. Fact is I'm not worried, not at all and that in itself worries me about my approach to my work, maybes I've just hit rock bottom in the sense that I just want the year to be over or maybes I've become comfortable, personally I don't think it's either. I've really pushed myself and although I haven't gotten as much animation work as I'd like done, I've still got a damn lot to show for the past couple of month. In regards too my animation, as long as I get my first scene done, i'll be pleased, because I can end it with the cliche, "Coming soon" text, furthermore, I've got my speed painting along with an incomplete showreel, marvellous.

My main focus with the animation, Choke, is to have it complete by the time the Star and Shadow exhibition starts up, I'd like to have the animation coloured up but to a better degree than, well... This...


I think what I look forward too is waking up on Saturday morning, knowing it's all over... For now. I still need to make up my mind as to where I'm going next year and both Newcastle and Sunderland have their positive's and negative's, it's just another worry in my little paddling pool of self doubt. Pessimistic as always, aren't I?

So then! In regards too the OddCo work experience, it was a fun little task getting back into the 3D run and for an hours job I don't think I did too bad. What's that? They look like my old character's Coffee-Bean and Dr. Carbonate? Why yes! Yes, they are! I'm not going to lie I was terrified on the day of presentation, mainly because an OddCo representative was there and the reality sinks that, "shit... this is quite worrying..." But it went well, with my designs coming first place out of a class vote and that was honestly something I REALLY didn't expect. I explained that there would be a variety of character's each with multiple different colour schemes but also blank canvas character's to paint onto as well as commercial character's, say for instance Carbonates head could be a Coca-Cola flask, it was well received with the only gripe being that the arms on the characters were too sharp but that it was an easily fixed problem. All in all, I enjoyed it and it was nice taking a break from work just to sit down and do something different.


Finally, it came to mind that I still have an old animation from the beginning of the year which until last night, didn't even cross my mind that it was rigged and had a pre-existing animation, you thinking what I'm thinking? No. Oh... Well... If I can get it coloured up well in a decent environment, then it might be one extra thing to hand in at final show. I realise that the animation is horrible, it was the result of me getting carried away one night back in November of 2011... The years went quick!


Anyway, if you've read up to here, thanks, I wish everyone in the class the best of luck for Friday.

Trust me.

You'll need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment