1.5.12

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.

I admit, my posts haven't been as frequent, or as in depth as I'd like them to be as of late, I've been doing what I can in the small amount of time which remains. Last and today I put written work to the side and focused on what I enjoyed most, doing nothing animating. I've been so wrapped up in what has to be done that I've let slide my main focus, Choke, the animation and honestly it's been a breath of fresh air being able to just sit down and FINALLY get into a work flow which feels right but without a doubt, enjoyable. I've been fairly alien to After Effects this year and now it just feels nice to work with, it makes me feel like I'm 15 again, making video's on Sony Vegas, tedious and time consuming but so enjoyable just to get all the little tweaks correct.  

Speaking of Sony Vegas, I've found one of the last video's I produced when I use to hoard my little video's onto Youtube.



It's one of the few which I actually like, even 3 years or so after I made it. Without a doubt I'd like to reproduce the video and sync it to the entire music piece attached to it, that being Groundhog (Beat Juggle) from DJ Hero. It's no surprise that I dropped the project, the syncing later on in the track would've been a nightmare and I specifically remember this video struggling near the end, that, and I was using my old PC which I had a love-hate relationship with... It would either work really well, or blue screen... Was usually the latter. Dragonball GT, though an incredibly flawed series seemed to fit the song better than Dragonball or Z, so without a doubt, come Summer, I may just spend a couple of days gathering the footage, going back to Vegas and get myself reacquainted with an old love of mine, video editing. 

Now then, what else? Oh yeah! OddCo... Wait, I'll leave that till a later post so it's a stand alone, that last segment really doesn't suit being included in a post about industry related work. Now, like I said before, I've been working on my animation and am thoroughly enjoying it, the entire first scene is actually nearly done which is honestly surprising, it hasn't taken that long. Given that the deadline is next friday, May 11th, I know fine well I won't get finished in time, not with other work being prominent as well, my goal is to do what I can up until then and then try and get it all rounded up by the time final show comes around, if that fails then I'll make a trailer advertising the "This Is Not An Exit"  show we're exhibiting come July. I'm worried, terrified in fact but sadly I'm only human and can only do so much. 

To round off this post, here's a quality botched version of my introduction, it's not finished yet, I'd like to add a few little bits and bobs if I can but I like the music... 

I think that's all I like.


1 comment:

  1. Thats really good Callum, did you do the music yourself? It sounds like that Yolando Be Cool song :D

    ReplyDelete