9.12.11

Allot of Alternative Inspirational Pieces...

It hasn't been long since my last post but whilst searching the web, I came across some Alternative Art (Alt Art) which is basically alternative takes on art, so say for example the picture of Freeza from Dragonball Z I did a while ago, he looks different and that's an alternative take on the character... Y'with me? Anyways, I just want to share these pieces because quite honestly, I really like them!!

A realistic take on Spongebob, I love how it's basically hyper realistic character's with the same sort of get-up as their cartoon counterpart's. 

A medieval version of the DC Universe Super Heroes... Makes me think they would actually work better like this... 

More so the character design's than anything, I love how the character's have been given a greater sense of character through the use of how they present themselves, I also really like the art style.

Just a nice, twisted take on Cinderella, very bright, vibrant colours and it doesn't suffocate you with an immense amount of detail.

I just found this funny... A bizarre take on the Pokemon world.

Toy Story... I really love the gritty design on this, reminds me of an old Clint Eastwood Western movie...  It's interesting to see a more serious approach being given to these character's.

On the subject of Clint Eastwood, I'd say this piece inspired me the most, it might be an interesting idea to merge famous movie's with popular video game character's, it's a thought and this proves that it works relatively well, there's enough detail to allow the viewer to identify just who the character is and his general persona.

Their rivalry predates the comic's, I love the colour scheme to this, rich, bold and seemingly dark, it's a beautiful combination of two worlds.

And Finally...

Wow, just wow... Such a magnificent piece, the composition, the art, the attention to detail is just so jaw droppingly gorgeous! Everytime I look at this image I notice something new and it makes me want to attempt to, not produce a piece of the same quality but a piece which bares similar character composition and placement.



No comments:

Post a Comment