7.10.11

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger!

It's hard to grasp that i've been back at college now for 4 weeks, it's went really quick, that said I'm still behind on work and yet quite far ahead... I can't make my mind up about it, anyways, the elevation's are so close to being complete, the written work is practically all done and is HUGE in terms of quantity and i'd like to think quality too. That said we've started the next brief, Character animation or more specifically, Line tests, I love this, it's a chance to just draw, enjoy myself and experiment with weight, speed, emotion and work my way up in the world. Speaking of drawing, I replaced my Wacom Graphics Tablet with the Intuos 4, holy shit, what a beast of a tablet, either this is the best thing I've bought in a long time or I'm so far behind with technology that all the things this wondrous machine does are already present in day to day Wacom's. Now I know you may argue, "why spend £350 on a Wacom?" this is true but understand that it is me who has the Intuos 4 and not you... 


We, the class, had to look at a minimum of ten contemporary character animations, now in all honesty some inspire me more than others and it's not down to a narrow minded approach, it's due to the fact that even if the animation reference is visually stunning, if it isn't similar to how you visualize your own work then it can really only do so much however, if you take certain qualities such as how this or that's been done then the reference becomes all the more relevant... Y'know, looking back that was really self explanatory but the sad thing is that this isn't common sense to everyone. In terms of who what I'm looking at in terms of character animation reference, here's a rundown...


Tom and Jerry & Looney Tunes










Ice Age





Daddy's Little Doll



Daddy's Little Doll from Birdo Studio on Vimeo.



Studio Ghibli





Doomed





Gluko & Lennon



Gluko & Lennon ENG from Gluko & Lennon on Vimeo.



Logorama



Logorama from Marc Altshuler - Human Music on Vimeo.



The Silence Beneath the Bark





This One Time



This one time... from nelson boles on Vimeo.



The Saga of Biorn 


No comments:

Post a Comment