18.10.11

I'm sorry... What?

Since yesterday i've actually redone the Yeti Design making it more brave at heart, thing is when I look at the previous entries of the Pictoplasma Missing Link design I can't help but feel overcome with a certain distaste for a fair few of the "artist's", see, I think that's what bugs me, the term, "artist" is passed around FAR too easily nowadays when I see imagery like this...


Or this...



Or even this...



I honestly question what sort of industry I'm actually going into, there's no doubt that the art movement is constantly changing but to me it's moving in the wrong direction, you see, just because you can do it doesn't mean you should, vector imagery and simplistic blocky animation has become somewhat of a normality and why? Because it's easy. Really? You see this is why I can never have a full appreciation for contemporary animation, animator's like Richard Williams, William Hanna, Joseph Barbara, Hugh Harman and the like are always, always, always going to hold a higher spot than any contemporary animator, it may be because they're more mainstream, that it's because I grew up watching their work, I really don't know what it is but never did you see their work become poor and cheaply done for the simple fact that it would've been easier to animate, if animator's who had none of our fancy gadgetry like we have today could make such wondrous classics, then what excuse does this generation have? That's it's contemporary, maybes but allot of the time I would argue that it's laziness and that it gets you a quick shot of cash. 

I know damn well I could be accused of being narrow minded and I'm also fully aware that everyone has different tastes in what they both like and dislike but i'm one such being who, i'm afraid, can't see the novelty in these simplistic designs, with that said, here's some progressive imagery of my Yeti design... Well, my old one...



No comments:

Post a Comment