21.10.11

"Nicey, Nicey, Zoo, Zoo... I've got new, look at them shine!"



Just been tinkering tonight with some more animation, you might have seen the really rough animations I did about a week ago? Well I learnt NEVER to do rough animation like that again, it's more worth while getting the detail sorted the first time round, sure it's tedious but if you enjoy it then it shouldn't honestly be a hassle. Anyways, finishing off last night and starting today I finished my revamped run test for Piper, I can see faults but I think i'm getting there and it's all about trial and error. All I'm after is a quality piece of work by the end of it all which people will enjoy.

I've also been thinking and this spurred on when I was watching Tom and Jerry, does my character animation really need 2 tones? Now my heart says yes, because what I love is trying (key word) to produce nice, detailed and appealing work but my brain says no, adding a second tone is going to take up more time than necessary and time is my biggest enemy this year and the lack of it. I'll produce a couple more colour tests in the next day or so and see if there will be any need for 2 tones, Tom and Jerry doesn't use 2 tones, only a solid base colour for each section and it works so it'll be something to take into account and think about.


More on the Yeti, over the next 10 days I'll be uploading the gradual progression to where I'm at now, this was the line work I redid, I simply traced over the previous image what I wish I had corrected was the elbow... Look at how down it is... Look at it! I wish I had taken greater notice earlier... Anyways, do I have anything else to comment on? Urm... No... Don't think so... Actually okay I will cover one thing...

Going back to what I said about never doing rough animation again, the reason being is that when I tried to "ink" out the work in Photoshop, it was REALLY hard to keep it consistent... It got so complex that I thought, "F**k it! Just redo it from scratch" and it was ultimately (and thankfully) the best option! 

This is how far I got before tearing my hai- Wait... I don't really have allot of hair... Well, causing self infliction... 





No comments:

Post a Comment