8.5.11

"I'll Be Back Bennett" - And Thus He Returned.

I would say Happy New Year and all that jazz but let's be honest, 2011 is going to be no different than 2010, it starts off with the usual resolutions such as, "I'll stop smoking", "I'll stop drinking" etc, etc, but you'll find that it lasts about a day (give or take) before they're back on track with old habits. If you are one of the few who has kept up their resolution's, congratulations, you're not a failure.

Anyways, why do I return wielding an arsenal of a thousand Quality Street Tins? Work. E4 Stinger's this time too, fun times. It's GOT to be 10 seconds long so you can therefore only work with so much and what it boils down to is... "Make a ten second short story". Easy? Hard? It's hard to say at this point.

Before I go on and talk about other bits and bobs, you might be interested in this weeks plan, i'm not very good at weekly plans, you can't determine how long something you haven't started yet is going to take, you'll find that 9 time out of 10, it doesn't work... For me.

Monday: I will partake in events which cover the medium and exploration of E4 stinger’s, this is commonly known as research, I will, “research” a number of stinger’s, how many Stinger’s I research however is unknown, though when I feel as though I have enough source material to progress, I will most certainly do so. What I will go on to look into will be popular traits within Character Design, as much as it annoys me, I feel that abiding by the unwritten rules of character design within this current generation of animation would attract a bigger audience and ultimately have a higher appeal within the market.

Tuesday: Tuesdays is relatively straight forward, from the research collected from Monday I’ll execute Operation: Derezzed, drawing out conceptual characters, idea’s, locations, stories, because it’s the conceptual stage of design, I HAVE to keep in mind not to focus to heavily on one particular aspect since come the day of presentation, I MIGHT need a back-up plan.

Wednesday: Wednesday again, is relatively straight forward, this time focusing on storyboards and how each idea will play out, preferably I’d like to have about 5 idea’s, if not more, in total, it’s not too much I’d say, not if I work solidly, which isn’t impossible.

Thursday: This is where the week falls apart in a blaze of insanity, writing, writing and what’s that? More writing! Both the Pitch Proposal and Treatment File need to be written out, this isn’t as bad as it seems it’s just well and truly soul destroying and more so tedious, though with that said, it depends how it’s written, as long as it’s not sloppy and poorly written, I have no real problems,

Friday: Friday, will be when I bring my weeks work together in a Power Point Presentation for Monday, this HAS to be finished, I really can’t be bothered with the humiliation of being unable to show my loving crowd the work I’ve produced… Okay that’s a lie; I don’t have a loving crowd… At all, either way, it won’t take long as long as
it’s properly structured, easy on the eye and informative.
   




I nearly forgot to mention, I've been busy with Life Drawing lately... Did it go well? Did it balls. My problem is commonly that I have a hard time keeping focused with life drawing, there's an element to it which I find boring, it's the lack of creativity behind it, I can understand that it benefits skill and it back tracks to the old masters but it's very restrictive and that's what I found hard to work with, if I remember too, I'll whack up the final picture image I did... It's bizarre to say the least.

C.




No comments:

Post a Comment