9.5.11

Looking at 3D Animation and the realisation of my own.

Got too look at some Three-Dandy-Dee animation, not much, I have what I want in mind so I just want to talk about animation or more so animator's that will ultimately help in the foundational structure of my animation, I've also found out that using big words makes my work sound more important than it actually is.



First up is a piece from one of my favourite animator's, David O'reilly. O'reilly, to me, has a fantastic range of animation's to show, what's apparent in "The External World" is the contrasting character designs, there's plenty of them, some take reference from the old 1930's cartoons though still retain a 3D element making them seemingly modern, as if they've aged with the passing era's, whereas some of them are just completely off the wall and are there to serve only a minuscule role though their presence IS apparent.. The animation itself is reminiscent of the era O'reilly grew up in, whether or not video games were an inspiration to David doesn't excuse the fact that the animation model's are similar to that old, polygon style seen when the Playstation, Sega Saturn and N64 were battling it out. It might just be me but the colours also seem... Washed out? It's not exactly a dark animation, it's bright and in your face! It's so bright in fact... That it melts your face!! In any case, check out the External World, it's amazing, if not for character's, then humour, if not humour, then style, if not style then experimentation.

http://www.theexternalworld.com/

"Doomed", as brutal as it sounds is quite possibly one of the best animated documentories I've watched, featuring bright visuals, excellent narration, timing 

"Gluko & Lennon"




The premise of my 3D character is set and ready to be worked on

No comments:

Post a Comment