8.5.11

Randomosities.


Besides the usual rubbish the average online viewer is subject too, you find the odd sparkle of a video, the one that stands out. The first time I saw this I was in hysterics, thing is, I think it had more to do with the violence behind the cartoon more so than the actual video composition.

This era, to me, has a notable cartoon mascot, Spongebob Squarepants seems to be at the forefront of cartoon entertainment, he's everywhere,  that said could you really compare Spongebob to Tom and Jerry, the two series are completely different and the audience seems to have changed also. What's this leading to? The reason I find cartoon violence funny in old cartoon's such as Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes is because it's such a rare occurrence to find that same charm within todays media, true there IS cartoon violence in certain cartoons of today but it doesn't make you laugh whilst at the same time making you go, "Oooo... Bet that hurt!" It's there because it can be and the gags applied are random allot of the time with no build up. It's hard to explain, especially at 2:30am in the morning, but what differentiates the old from the new is the overall populace that watch, there's no doubt that the youth of today are shown very toned down cartoons, there's no substance for them to pick apart at, they're given s**t and they quite happily eat it.

I hear this allot from people, that todays youth are subject to poorly animated, strung together cartoons and I can't help but wonder why? What happened within the 15 years I went from being 4 to 19? I don't mind some cartoons, Spongebob Squarepants, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Recess and all those other shows will forever be golden cartoons to me, they're fun to watch and they keep you coming back, even if it's a repeat, what I don't understand the appeal in is shows like Ben 10, Pokemon and nearly everything shown on Disney these days, series which should've died off a good while ago, it's not that todays youth are stupid, quite the opposite, it's that the people making the animation's haven't properly looked into the audience they're trying to win over, a child has a very erratic imagination they need food for thought and personally, I don't think it's offered to them in todays world of media.
I now question as to why I wrote out a rant at this hour...

No comments:

Post a Comment